A few things to consider before starting the registration process:
- Multiple administrators: All officially recognized social media accounts must have at least two identified account administrators.
- Username: Usernames should contain “ncstate.” “NCSU” should only be used if username character limits make using “ncstate” impossible. Ex: “@ncstatesciences,” not “@ncsusciences.”
- Account name: Should contain “NC State.” Ex: “NC State University Dining,” as opposed to “University Dining”
- Account bio: You must mention NC State along with your unit name. For instance: “The Alumni Association connects you to NC State and fellow alumni with daily tweets! Follow us to be Red and White for Life!” Also: “The official Facebook page of the College of Sciences at NC State University.”
- Profile pictures: For social media icons and profile photos, use iconic photography that expresses the NC State brand and your unit’s mission. Logos are prohibited, as they are often too difficult to visually identify on a mobile device. For instance: https://twitter.com/NCStateWilson, http://www.facebook.com/NCStateCED.